Building a successful business can be a huge challenge. You’re going to face many challenges on your journey of creating a successful business. These are common challenges, but not all of them are.
Things New Entrepreneurs Need to Know About Running Your Business
New entrepreneurs face a number of challenges when they first start their businesses. One of the most common and most important challenges is how to come up with the revenue to sustain their business. Without revenue, your business simply will not survive.
That’s why this article is about revenue generation strategies and this one is about attracting customers. However, I will explain some simple strategies that will work very well for both. With just these two strategies alone, your business will be able to sustain itself for at least a couple of years. I will use the example of a hair salon business.
You really have two options here. You can sell your product and have the costs covered 100% by the sales of your product. Or you can rent your products and have the costs covered 100% by the rent you charge. I suggest you choose option two.
Renting your products is a much simpler option as you can just take products from the other salon and charge rent for the use of that product. You could easily do this for many products. Now the problem with this strategy is you will not get the same demand as with selling. Your rent-seekers are probably not going to pay the same amount as to buy your product.
The problem with this strategy is that you are not going to charge the same amount for your product. The amount of money you can charge will depend on many factors. I will try to explain it to you here.
So when you consider your cost-benefit analysis, you will want to consider how much you get for $1000 you spend on your product. If the money you get from your rent-seekers is enough to cover the amount of money you invested, then selling may be the better option for you.
You will not want to sell if you think you will not get enough money in your bank account because you have spent more than you will get in your rent-seekers account.
This is why you may want to consider your money management skills before you consider selling your product. Also, I also recommend that you understand the concept of cost-split. You will not want to split the money you will spend on your product equally between two buyers. This would result in no one getting enough money. You may want to consider investing some of your money for marketing your product but spend the rest for research and development. In this way, you will not end up with your rent-seekers taking all the money for themselves.
So how do you maximize the money you invest in your product? These are some strategies you may want to consider.
1. Consider different distribution channels – For the mass market, consider offering your product through e-commerce sites as opposed to selling it in flea markets. Also, you may want to consider distributing through free software and tool websites. By distributing through different sites, you will not end up with only a big distribution and promotion cost but also a big cost on each and every distribution or promotion.
2. Think about what you are going to give away – Make sure that what you give away does not focus on price alone. Also, make sure that there is a cost involved as well, especially for your suppliers. Make sure that you do not end up in a situation where the cost of your item was the only deciding factor in whether people will buy or not.
3. Consider different payment methods – Consider offering different payment methods. You may want to consider charging something like a membership fee or a percentage of the sale. This may allow you to accept more payment methods and still get your sale.
4. Consider giving away promotional items – Give away promotional items. You may want to consider giving away free samples. You may want to consider special discounts for mass purchases. Or you may want to consider offering some form of reward for buying your product.
5. Remember that all advertising you do on your product is being paid for by your money – All advertising you do on your product is being paid for by your money. Therefore, I would recommend that you make sure that you do not just advertise your product and leave it at that.
6. You need to make sure that you take some marketing skills – If you are looking for information about how to market your product, you may want to look in some books. Make sure that you do not just rely on any book on marketing your product.
7. Finally, you need to make sure that you build a relationship with the contacts you get – Finally, you need to make sure that you build a relationship with your contacts, and tell them what you want them to know about your product. Also, be sure that you tell them the purpose of your call. If you do this correctly, it will help you build the relationship that you need.
Some of the challenges of building a successful business as a new entrepreneur are:
1. Money. If you haven’t got it you can’t have it – literally right? Well money is always a huge issue for many business owners. It may be hard to imagine, but money can literally hold your business. Your business has to have enough money to run itself without your input. If you don’t have the money to pay employees, vendors, and yourself you may not have a business.
2. Time. This might not seem a challenge right now, but I’m going to show you that it is a reality. Many business owners think their business will take off in a few weeks or months. The reality is many new small businesses take 4 to 6 years to become profitable.
3. Marketing Without a website and marketing campaign your business is doable. You need to develop a good website. You also need to develop a good marketing strategy and plan to build your website and network.
4. Partners. If you don’t have good partners you can’t really have a business or they will kill your business before it even gets started. Partners need to be on board. You need to get support from your friends at local chamber of commerce or networking groups or chamber of commerce. Partners can also kill your business, so make sure you have very good partners.
5. Management. Managing what – staff, finances, employees, vendors, customers, employees, vendors, customers? You need to manage all of these in order to have any chance of staying in business and surviving.
I realize that I have left a few things out, but this doesn’t reflect the reality of building your own business, it’s just a basic overview. Your first step should be to get honest answers to all of the questions above. I can only recommend that as a new entrepreneur, do your homework, find a mentor/coach, and don’t believe the hype. You need to have a solid business plan, with clear deadlines and milestones. You need to know how much money you have, how much money you need, how much money you have spent and what you have spent it on. Once you have done all of this homework you should have a clear picture of how the journey will play out. If you do your homework properly, you will be in a stronger position to handle the ups and downs.
If you are having problems, or you just want to discuss options, please email me. I am always happy to help.
If you want to start up a thriving and successful business online, and get mentored by one who is successful, in whom I am grateful to call my mentor, then take this FREE Training! His training has changed my life for good! As you can see from my earnings since starting his training, I can’t say enough. Just sign up for his FREE TRAINING, and you decide if it’s right for you. You can thank me later!
You can have the same success! Take Action and Live the Life You are meant to Live!
Stay Great and Amazing!